Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Buffy's Back!


Not too happy after my bath
Buffy again!  I am going to be taking over this blog for awhile.  I realized I enjoy writing, and it's probably best for everyone to get my viewpoint as opposed to my foster mom's.  (My foster mom says no one ever wants her viewpoint.)

Last weekend was busy!  I got a bath on Saturday.  I didn't like it too much.  It was a two person job because I kept wanting to escape the tub.  I thought I was very good considering the circumstances.  I got lots of treats afterward so that was nice.  My coat is super silky and soft.  My foster mom put on lots of leave-in conditioner and now can't stop hugging me.  I like hugs so I guess it wasn't all bad. She doesn't like to hug me much when I'm stinky.

My foster parents went to the annual Almost Heaven fundraiser Saturday evening.  It is hosted every year by some very nice people who love dogs.  I wish the world had more people like them!  They help my rescue get much needed funds so more dogs like me can be saved.  Well, no one is exactly like me.  I am an original!  Anyway, I heard it was a good time and that they raised a lot of money.  Never enough, though.  If you didn't attend, but still want to help support the rescue you can adopt me!  Or you can give a donation! Here is their latest chipin.



On Sunday we had a couple of visitors to the house for dinner.  I was a bit nervous at first and barked at them, but I realized pretty quickly they were nice and liked to give pets so I made sure to stay by their sides as much as I could all night.  I wanted to be a good hostess! 

I'm smizing.

The other day on my walk a woman stopped her car in the middle of the street to say how pretty I was!  This is not the first time this has happened.  Maybe I will get discovered by Tyra Banks and become America's next top model!  Except I would have to do plus-sized modeling.  No way I am giving up my snacks. 




Dreading the upcoming heatwave
It's supposed to be very hot this weekend.  Heat index up to 110F!  I am not looking forward to it.  I am hoping to convince my foster mom to make me peanut butter pupsicles.  Very easy. 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 cup creamy peanut butter.  Mix.  Spoon into ice cube trays and freeze.  I think she should be able to handle that.  I'll even volunteer for cleanup!

Oh.  I am now tweeting.  Follow me to see what my thoughts are on a daily basis.  It's some pretty exciting stuff.  @Buffy_Tweets

Fill out an application if you think I may be your four legged soul mate.






To see all of the available dogs at Almost Heaven, check out their page on petfinder.  They have more than just golden retrievers!

No comments:

Post a Comment