Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Melia's Adoration


Melia loves me.  She loves Kirk.  She loves Toby and she would certainly love you.  There's no question about it.  At this moment, she is curled in a ball at my feet.  Her head is actually resting on my feet as she curled up next to me.  A tell-"tail" sign that she loves you is that her tail thumps wildly until the moment you touch her.  Then her tail rests.  But if you stop-- thump, thump, thump.  It's a strong tail, but feathered like a golden's tail.

~~
Last night, I woke to a steady rumble in the middle of the night.  It was Melia snoring at the foot of the bed!   
~~

So far the only thing Melia seems to fear is Kirk or I being mad at her.  She passed the thunderstorm test and can face the crackle of the fireplace with bravado.  The other night some wicked thunderstorms rolled over the house.  Toby snuggled in closer to me and slept in the crook behind my knees.  He whined a little and was only settled when I reached down to pet him.  Melia, on the other hand was dead to the world.  Her whining didn't start until we started slapping the snooze button.  And on cold evenings (the few we've had lately) we have a fire in the fireplace.  Toby hides from the crackles and pops in the bedroom, but the pops don't seem to phase Melia.  However, if I give her a sharp "no, Melia" when she puts her nose in Toby's food bowl, she'll immediately retreat or come to my feet with the most pathetic and remorseful look a puppy can have!

No comments:

Post a Comment